ADVENTURE BASED EXPERIENTIAL LEARNING
In adventure-based learning programmes the teacher or facilitator challenges a group to achieve a goal, but does not explain how to successfully complete the challenge. Students must work to find a solution individually and together as a team, and must communicate and learn from each other in order to be successful.
Students begin to recognize the inner resources, strengths, and positive qualities within themselves and within their team. Reflecting and debriefing on the experience or “adventure” afterwards allows them to learn more about both their personal behavior and contributions as well as the group’s, and relate it back to their everyday lives and routines to create positive change.
Positive change often occurs when students, individually and in groups, face problem-solving or risk-taking situations. Adventure-based learning programmes have proven to be successful in meeting both educational and personal goals and conduct them in a safe, managed environment.
TAKE THE CHALLENGE. ENJOY THE ADVENTURE.
Participants of all ages will challenge themselves in…
Summer camps involve at least one overnight stay engaging youth in a group living experience.
In House Rope Course are Adventure Based Experiential Learning and Team Building Workshop for Classes nursery to 12 within the school campus.
Our summer camps bring out the best in kids by connecting them deeply to the natural world, forging strong community, and developing genuine self-awareness. Since 2011 we’ve been offering day and overnight camps for ages 6 – 18 in BHAGDA CAMP, nearby lunta village, b.p.o Khaniayra, Dharamshala (H.P). Our highly trained instructors draw out kids’ passions through nature based activities like:
- Treasure hunt
- Campfire Cooking
- Campfire at night
- Expedition style pack & paddle
- Navigation and map reading
- Traditional Archery
- Team Initiatives
- Learning edible & medicinal plants
- Building natural shelters
- Discovering the language of the forest
and much, much more!
IN HOUSE ROPE COURSE ADVENTURE WORKSHOP
Our trained facilitators tailor each program based upon your desired learning outcomes. Using both low and high elements to highlight best practices and meaningful subject matter, we create a learning environment that encourages personal and corporate growth. Heard Ropes is dedicated to providing exceptional learning experiences in a fun and engaging way to our community.
- Net Climbing
- Swing Ladder
- Double Jumaring
- Commando Net
- Tyrolean Traverse
- Flying Fox
- Burma Bridge
- Cat Walk
TEN REASONS TO CHOOSE MADTREK ADVENTURES SCHOOL ADVENTURE TOURS
- Kids get to be kids again, roaming wild and free in nature.
- Real skills, real challenges, real adventures. Trailing coyotes, crafting wooden bow and arrows. Does it get any better?
- Our highly trained instructors are some of the finest in the field.First Aid/CPR certification, background checks, and a high level of training in both nature based mentoring and traditional earth skills are all requirements. Our staff are adept at really listening to kids, drawing out their passions, and engaging them fully.
- Our small group sizes (1-5 staff to camper ratio) allow for intimate learning groups to form that feel more like family by camp’s end. The deep bonds that form between campers and instructors alike last a lifetime.
- We have the most fun! Year after year, our campers, instructors and parents consistently report that the Twin Eagles experience is the most fun, engaging, and relevant.
- The community. Our nature based mentoring approach is rooted in authentic relationship building. Each year the community grows stronger and stronger, and new families often report that they take it in like a breath of fresh air.
- We’re totally unique. You won’t find any other camp like us out there.
- Safety. We take campers physical and emotional safety seriously, and hold every member of camp to a high standard that creates a safe space for powerful experiences to emerge.
- An honest guarantee. If your child doesn’t like our camps and chooses to leave before the camp’s end, we’ll give you a pro-rated refund for all the remaining days they don’t attend. Please see our application packet for more details.
- We offer a genuinely holistic experience rooted in hope, connecting with what is truly important in life – nature, community, and self.
Follow us on FB